Tuesday, January 13, 2015

On face Masks
























I love face masks. They're fun, do some real good, and are basically a necessity for sleepovers. I received a few face masks for Christmas this past year and I feel like I have all that I could ever need! I usually use a face mask every few days and I tend to go in a specific order: I use a mask that draws out impurities, one that zaps any problem areas (that may have come to the surface because of the previous mask) and then a more nourishing and moisturizing one (to sort of even things out). Here are the ones that I've been using and loving so far!

To draw out Impurities/Deep cleansing

Origins Clear Improvement Active charcoal mask to clear pores - $29 for 3.4 oz
This mask has charcoal which really pulls out all the guky stuff you got (or at least, I got) going on deep in your skin. It's the same stuff that's in the ever so popular Supermud clearing treatment. The formula is actually a lot thinner that I thought it would be, but definitely does get the job done.

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay - $18 for 16 oz
This stuff is intense. More intense than the Origins Clear Improvement mask, and perhaps more intense than the Supermud clearing treatment (but I haven't tried that one so I wouldn't know). This mask basically feels like you've paper-mached your face. But it definitely pulls out all of them impurities. If you have oily troubled skin, this is the mask for you. Even if you don't, this mask is still great. It will clear up any situation you've got. This mask is actually just the clay, so you gotta mix it in with apple cider vinegar (this one is recommended and is what I use) but you can use water if you're in a pinch. For the amount of product you get, this mask is really affordable!

To zap what's on the surface and clear things up

Origins Out of Trouble 10 minute mask to rescue problem skin - $29 for 3.4 oz
I mentioned this in my skincare favourites and how it really does get my skin "out of trouble". This is another perfect face mask if you have oily troubled skin. It's also another clay mask and it smells kinda like Noxzema and Vicks (which I kinda dig).

Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque - $11 for 8 oz
Another great clay mask. Does what you would want: soak up that oil, quickens healing time of problem areas and leaves skin feeling smooth and clean. And just FYI, it claims to "rinse away blackheads" - def doesn't do that but def worth the purchase.

To Nourish and Moisturize

Origins Drink Up 10 minute to quench skin's thirst - $29 for 3.4 oz
This mask feels like a really rich lotion that doesn't quite sink in all the way and smells like apricots! It's really hydrating and and softening. The bottle says that you don't really need to rinse it off you can just wipe it off, keeping some of that moisturizing goodness on your skin as an added bonus!

St. Ives Smooth and Nourished oatmeal scrub and mask - ~$5 for ~5 oz
This one does have little exfoliators in so you could use it just as a scrub, or leave it on for a mask then use circular motion when you rinse off for that exfoliation. Double whammy! Another softening and moisturizing mask. Not as hydrating as the Origins Drink Up, but still definitely does that soothing and softening thing. It's great for when you're skin is feeling a little dry, a little irritated, maybe has some flakiness and just needs a gentle scrub and a hug.


Well there yah have it! A high-end and more affordable face mask to satisfy all your needs! Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment